Incredible Tasty Plant Based Beef Burger by Impossible Food that looks and taste like Beef.
- 1 Incredible Tasty Plant Based Beef Burger by Impossible Food that looks and taste like Beef.
A new biotech company from california, “Impossible Foods” has created a hamburger patty that looks and smells exactly like beef. This is vastly different technology from just soy and vegetables in the shape and colour of a beef patty., it is using a molecular compound known as a heme, which is a molecule rich in iron.
How did it taste ?
- At the tasting, the crowd lined up for sliders. The general consensus was a lot of shrugging. “Burger,” one tester described it as between bites. “Pretty good.”
- Can it fool anyone ? This writers family was fooled by it.
- Silicon Valley’s Bloody Plant Burger Smells, Tastes And Sizzles Like Meat
The Video that shows a plant based burger with bleeding using plant protein.
The video from Impossible Burger here, all veg, no beef.
What are hemes ?
According to wikipedia, Hemes or haem (from Greek αἷμα haima meaning blood) is a cofactor consisting of an Fe2+ (ferrous) ion contained in the centre of a large heterocyclic organic ring called a porphyrin, made up of four pyrrolic groups joined together by methine bridges. Not all porphyrins contain iron, but a substantial fraction of porphyrin-containing metalloproteins have heme as their prosthetic group; these are known as hemoproteins. Hemes are most commonly recognized as components of hemoglobin, the red pigment in blood, but are also found in a number of other biologically important hemoproteins such as myoglobin, cytochrome, catalase, heme peroxidase, and endothelial nitric oxide synthase.
- A list of recommended food – my personal choice 🙂
- The impossible Foods website.
- The tools used to analyze the chemistry by Agilent
#vegetables #burger #szukini